PAINT YOUR WORLD
TIMING: 2 HOURS
THEME: MY FUTURE WORLD
- This competition calls on budding young artists to think about the world that they are part of and express what future world means to them. It has to be a colourful representation of a world “where the mind is without fear”.
- The participant is also expected to speak and convince the judges of their choice of representation.
- For example: What makes them think the world would be as they have demonstrated or their choice of colours, their ideas, and their artwork itself…
- Acceptable tools of drawing / painting include pencil, crayon, water colour, oil paint.
- The Artwork must not include words, national flags, or slogans.
- The Artwork must not represent any particular individual, organization, or brand name and must not depict any religious theme.
- The Artwork should be an individual effort of a child.
- The winning artworks will be the property of SNIS
THEME: TOPIC OF SOCIAL & CULTURAL RELEVANCE
THE TOPICS WILL BE GIVEN 1 HOUR PRIOR TO THE EVENT
- Students from classes 5 to 7 are eligible to participate in the competition. ENGLISH must be used by each speaker while debating.
- Each participant will be given 2 Minutes to speak. After which a bell will indicate the time for rebuttal.
- The rebuttal will be in the form of questions where, each debater will get an opportunity to answer only 3 questions put forth by the JUDGES/
- While rebuttal arguments are presented the debaters should be prepared with appropriate arguments. Counter arguments will not be permitted.
- The questions put forth will be impartial, well-defined and will have a bearing on the content of the speech.
TIMING- 4 HOURS
THEME: ISSUE OF SOCIAL RELEVANCE
Participants will form a team and collaboratively tackle some of the toughest global issues. No matter where you come from, who you are, your experiences will bring a distinctive outlook to our conversation. This conversation is displayed on IDEO’s design thinking methodology.
- RESEARCH: To share stories and successful examples on the challenge topic.
- IDEAS: Based on learnings from the Research phase, the participants share new, ideas and collaboratively refines them.
- REFINEMENT: We then focus on testing ideas with end users.
- FEEDBACK: This is when the participants share comments and suggestions for next steps.
- TOP IDEAS: Working closely with the opponents, participants choose a set of top ideas based on their potential for impact, level of engagement and relevance to the challenge topic and evaluation criteria.
- IMPACT: This is where you can share learnings, find collaborators and share updates on how ideas are evolving.